Saturday, 18 June 2011

Baby sewing!!

In between sewing projects for myself, I like to squeeze in the odd project for my daughter, who turns one next month (and is currently trying to turn a shoe into a convincing hat!). I like sewing small things. They go together quickly, with none of the fitting issues that, for example, a ladies dress might. These are a couple of things I threw together this week.

Mix and Match PJs

I picked up some really cute cotton jersey with a trick or treat theme, in pink and lime colours on white. I paired this with plain white to make two sets of mix and match pyjamas.

  Fabric detail

The pattern: Simplicity 5874 (now out of print)
I chose a pattern with a raglan sleeve, and very glad of it. I think it works best with the use of two fabrics and contrasting neck bands, and went together far more quickly and easily than a set-in sleeve would.


Neck and cuff detail
Two finished sets
 Denim Pinafore

Made from a home-drafted pattern, this was a quick dress made up from a lightweight stretch denim, decorated with woven daisy flat lace and recycled brass buttons from an old garment. Oddly, the lace was the first thing I found, with the design working from there. I added pleats to the front and back of the skirt to add interest and extra volume.


Front view
 Lace detail

No comments:

Post a Comment