Friday, 16 September 2011

Autumn sewing list

Well it seems that summer has flown by all to quickly this year and I have neglected to blog about any of the few summer sewing projects I managed to complete. The weather the last couple of weeks has got gradually more depressing, and the summer dresses have been crammed back in the wardrobe. This does mean I'm now back to the usual jeans and tshirt scruffs; not a glamourous look!

So the summer sewing plans have been scrapped, and replaced with this: my Autumn Wardrobe. With this set, I want to attempt to keep it as something of a capsule wardrobe, and make a few key pieces I can mix and match and that will fit easily with existing garments or be added to easily. 




Colour palette


 It seems I'm going for green shades at the moment!


These are my first few designs to make up for the coming season, some of which have already been put in motion.

Top row:

Black wool crepe skirt with sweetheart-shaped waistband.  Self-drafted but taking inspiration from patterns such as Advance 4927 (late 40s/early 50s). 
Assymetrical dress from Style 917 (mid-late 50s), made in deep bottle green cotton with contrast black collars.

High waisted flared jumper dress/skirt.  Self-drafted, inspired by McCall's 3590 (dated 1956), made in cotton blend black and white plaid with red accents.

Bottom Row:

Draped blouse in red cotton jersey, from a 1957 French magazine pattern.

Lime green tone cotton stripe blouse made from Butterick pattern.  

Wrap-front blouse inspired by Vogue 7225.  Made in deep red cotton with contrast collars  of 50s-style leaf print. I will most likely adapt my Butterick pattern to make this one.




Let's hope I don't lose the inclination to sew half way through the set this time!

1 comment:

  1. Those colours and patterns are gorgeous. Especially the teal and deep red.

    ReplyDelete