Saturday, 8 October 2011

Addicted to knitting

For most of last week, my evenings were spent making some vintagey goodies for the little monster. More specifically, I knitted up the short sleeved sweater pictured right, from one of my new 50s patterns:


1950s 'Youngsters Woolies' pattern booklet

It is part of a twinset with the cardigan (bottom), is worked in two colours and has a lacey stripe patterned yoke. Did I mention this was my first ever knit garment?

 Another funny flash-face

As it turned out, the pattern wasn't too difficult to knit: the holes are done by simply knitting stiches together. The only problems I encountered were of my own making, usually by miscounting and generally not paying attention.



Pattern detail and button closure on shoulder



1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's a darling little knitted top, darling wee girl too! You did a beautiful job of the knitting.

    ReplyDelete