Sunday, 12 February 2012

A few more birthday goodies

As well as my two French magazines for my birthday, I was happy to win a mixed lot of vintage buttons and buckles for 99p to add to my collection! As usual the photos in the listing were erm, inferior, shall we say. Two buckles in particular stood out and were what I really bid for- the rest was just bonus, but I was pleasantly surprised when I unwrapped the package and began sorting through.

That's a lot of buttons for 99p!


The red and blue cut-through ones were what caught my eye. The red and white one is missing a small chip on the left, but it's still lovely: the blue one instantly says "sailor dress" to me.

The buttons are mostly high quality carved ones on the larger side, as well as full sets of smaller buttons.


Grey and brown tone buttons.The carved plaid ones on the left are lovely. The two loose ones look like skeletal fish!


Five cards of glass two-layer buttons. The bottom layer is a composite glass made up of coloured chips set in opaque white, and is topped with pearly coloured glass.


These green sets are some of the nicest- the depth of colour in the pearlised effect is really lovely.

I also received these two books from dear boyfriend (admittedly bought while I was there, but spotted by him):


Knitting Vintage by Claire Montgomerie

 


Both books are nice additions to the shelf. The knitting book has vintage inspired patterns from the '20s to the '80s, and a mood board page for each era. The second book looks at designer fashion from 1900 through to the '80s, with period photos, detail shots and fabric swatch images that give a nice overview of fashions through the decades.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, guess which two books Paul's mum got me for xmas and birthday?

    Gahhhh I need that red buckle... and the orange one in the middle.

    ReplyDelete