Thursday, 9 February 2012

Happy birthday to me!

My birthday passed last week with a minimum of fanfare. Dear boyfriend's work patterns and the distance I live from most of my  friends resulted in a pretty average day on my actual birthday, though we did do dinner and a local gig at the weekend. I treated myself to a few vintage goodies with some of my birthday money, in particular my first two French fashion magazines.

I suddenly find myself wishing I had a scanner! Never mind. I'll settle for the good camera:


Reflets de Paris, October 1959, and La Mode Pratique, February 1951

First up are images from La Mode Pratique.



I particularly love the knitting pattern for the striped jumper above. 

Also included in this one are scale patterns for:
   ~ a dress and blouse for an 18-month old girl
   ~ a wraparound pencil skirt cut as a rectangle and shaped with eleven darts
   ~ a double-breasted housecoat
   ~ blazer and skirt suit as illustrated on front cover

From Reflets de Paris:


This one includes a pull-out houserobe pattern and knitting pattern for girls' jaquard sweater, bonnet and socks, and women's and men's cardigans.

4 comments:

  1. These are fantastic! I am green eyed with jealousy.
    Thank for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOhh!! wow!!! they are great! I LOVE to see old magazines, I imagine the first owner reading them, I own some 40's and 50's magazines too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH These magazines are lovely,

    ReplyDelete