Sunday, 4 March 2012

Dreaming of sewing spaces

Like many of you probably do, I suffer from a terminal lack of space. My sewing machine is cramped in the corner of the dining room, mushed in between the dining table and an excessively large pram. My fabric and supplies are spread between two cupboards, a box on top of the wardrobe and a basket with whatever I'm currently working on on the dining table.
What I would do for a sewing space like this one:

Pinned Image

or a fabric stash large enough to need this room:

Pinned Image

Unfortunately at the minute I couldn't even find this much space. If our cupboards weren't all occupied by tools and bit of bike engine!

Pinned Image

For now, I think I'll have to settle for some smaller storage solutions.

Hanging storage: Multi-hangers for ribbon spools, and pocket storage for buttons and bits

Pinned Image

Metal buckets underneath a shelf. I recently spotted some pastel toned buckets like these being sold for Easter crafts that would add a lovely splash of colour.

Pinned Image

Jam jars with pin cushion tops...

Pinned Image

... or glued under a shelf like the ones full of odd screws in your dad's garage!

Pinned Image

Next, add a few decorative touches.

Embroidery hoops and your favourite fabrics

Pinned Image

A few framed fashion plates and motivational sayings

Pinned Image

and some miniature vintage cuteness

Pinned Image


Time to get creative with my storage and have a bit of a spring clean!

Souces for all images as well as a few more on my Sewing Spaces board on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Some lovely pictures there, I am in rather sewing room mess. Wish mine looked like those above.

    ReplyDelete