Friday, 6 July 2012

Second birthday stitches

The little one's second birthday is fast approaching, and I've been busy making for the last few weeks. Some are still works in progress.


Embroidered peasant blouse

If you follow me on Pinterest, you may have seen me mention Tasha of By gum, by golly's embroidered peasant blouse. While I work on the embroidery for my own, I decided to make a mini one too. I had a small remnant of white Egyptian cotton lawn with a touch of lycra that was just enough for this. I've added some rows of machine embroidery in bright colours using the cams in my sewing machine, and threaded elastic into a casing along the neck edge.


Felt play food

I've seen this on a couple of other blogs and decided to give it a go. I was originally just going to buy plastic ones, but have been frustrated trying to find some that has the right balance between quality and cost; the affordable stuff is not worth buying, but the quality realistic ones cost a small fortune. For a few pounds for a stack of felt squares and the filling from an old pillow, I've filled a £1 storage shopping basket with goodies. I'll put up the patterns for these soon too!



Zebra cuddly

Of all the animals she has, a zebra isn't one of them. This little guy comes from Crochet In No Time, a gift last Christmas. He stands up all by himself without the need for wire in his legs.


1950s cap sleeved blouse

Ok, so this one is for me. I just got this pattern from eBay, and it was too tempting. It was unused in factory folds, in perfect condition. I'm making it up in a pale yellow fruit print, that is the skirt of a dress I got in last year's sale at Asda. The fabric is too lightweight for a dress for my liking, so it went in the refashion pile. It's looking good so far, and I hope to have it done by the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. These are all lovely, the zebra is really cute and your cherry fabric gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was wondering if you posted the instructions/patter for the food. my grandkids would love it!

    ReplyDelete