Thursday, 18 October 2012

Jeans progress and two new brooches

I'm making steady progress on my jeans, though I would have liked to get a little more done today than I did. I just have the inseam, waistband and hems to sew, and the buttons to put on. I also need to try an remember to add belt loops, something I often forget until it's too late to do them neatly. Excuse the poor lighting in my house on these photos.

 
The buttonholes and button plackets are done, with gold contrast thread. The centre front and back seams actually have two rows of top-stitching in slightly different shades, both vintage cotton threads that were Nanna's.


I also picked up a couple of new brooches whilst running errands in town, from one of the charity shops. True vintage jewellery is a pretty rare thing usually, so I was happy to find these two. I've been after a little flower basket brooch for a while now, and nearly payed several times the price of this one on a few occasions. The leaf has a lovely detailed texture, and is made by "Hollywood", a British brand based in Birmingham in the mid 20th century.


With any luck I might finish my jeans tomorrow so I can show them off to you all! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch Wartime Farm on BBC HD.

No comments:

Post a Comment