Thursday, 17 January 2013

Style inspiration: The Shirtwaist Dress

As I work on the first of three planned shirtwaist dresses on my current To Sew list, I've been gathering inspiration to keep me motivated on the project. These are a few of my favourite patterns and images from around the web so far. Click the captions for sources.

picture

1950s Dress / 50s Dress / Black Shirtwaist Dress / Pintucked / Blackberry 
Sheer fabric with lace and pintuck detailing, via TheVintageMistress on Etsy


Vintage 1950's Simplicity 4960 Sewing Pattern One Piece Dress Size 14 1/2 Bust 33 

Smart Vintage 1950s Black and Silver Striped Shirtwaist Dress 
Fabulous silver grey with black detailing, via Fab Gabs Vintage

Advance 5780- one from my stash. 
One from my stash- Advance 5780


Lovely 1940s styling from Trashy Diva

50's Floral Swiss Dot Shirtwaist Style Full Dress
Blue floral stripes from Blue Velvet Vintage

vintage 1950's dress ...classic dior inspired GIGI YOUNG new york linen shirtwaist full skirt pin-up cocktail party dress
Big and bold plaid pattern in green shades

For more inspiration, I've also started a new Pinterest board that I will undoubtedly keep adding to. I'll let you all have a sneak peek of what I'm making tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment