Wednesday, 6 February 2013

SGW: Free pattern- Smart Quilted Slippers

Today as part of Sew Grateful Week it is Sharing Day. Time for a bevy of free patterns, tutorials and whatnot around the blogosphere, all linked up here.

I wanted to write up a tutorial of some sort but was stuck for ideas, as well as being busy sewing up the project for tomorrow's post! So instead I had a little rummage through my vintage mags and found this one.


As it's still the depths of winter for a lot of my readers, a pair of cosy slippers seems appropriate. The circle tab on the front provides a perfect opportunity for embellishment. In place of the ribbon bow, add embroidery, felt flowers, elaborate bows or pompoms!


This pattern comes from a 1953 issue of 'Pins and Needles' magazine, a publication full of all sorts of craft patterns. The pattern is marked on a scale grid, where each square represents 1 inch. To view full size, click the image, then right click > view image. This should bring it up full size where you can zoom in or out.



5 comments:

  1. ooohhh! I love this! I've been needing a new pair of slippers and these quilted ones are so cute! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Thank you for sharing!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cool, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for posting this! I just tossed my store bought slippers yesterday and was wondering where I would be looking for a replacement pair. Perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super adorable, I want to give them ago! I'll so be pinning them for later~ thanks for sharing. ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete