Saturday, 23 March 2013

Ready for Spring

I don't know about you all, but I'm sick of winter now. The UK is under snow again this weekend with temperatures below zero. Though as usual, our corner of the country is missing out on any proper snow and we're stuck with howling gales and a smattering of hail and a few pathetic flakes. I have to travel by train this coming week and I'm just dreading the snow hanging around until then!

This miserable winter just seems to be dragging on interminably, considering this week last year was the warmest March week on record. I've been dreaming of summer dresses and seem to have a real craving for bright and bold florals. Hopefully these might cheer up any of you feeling in a similar winter slump!

Most of these are from a fabulous eBay shop, Favourite Fabrics, who always have a lovely range of cotton prints.







Not florals, but I'm lusting after these fabrics as well.




What are you looking forward to sewing with when the weather warms up?


2 comments:

  1. Lovely fabrics! I especially love the second and the third, just so summery! I am currently sewing a summer dress, too, using McCall's 5857 vintage pattern - actually, only beginning to sew ;)
    P.S. I have sent you an email, have you received it?
    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bows are adorable! I'm now working on a Laurel for the warmer weather. Stick in there, it will come (she says with fingers and toes crossed!)

    ReplyDelete