Thursday, 2 May 2013

Spring stripes: MMM '13, Day 1

Following on the floral theme from my recent fabrics post, I have begun to indulge my need for florals. I think my first day of Me-Made-May is as good a time as any to break out the flowers!

One of the fabrics I picked up is this gingham and small floral stripe. You may well have seen this fabric around; it seems to be standard stock for fabric shops in the UK over the last few months. This particular colourway has black checks and vivid pink flowers.

Butterick 4993 blouse


The pattern is Butterick 4993, a late 1940s blouse pattern with dropped kimono sleeves. I've used this pattern a couple of times before, most recently for the bodice of my chambray shirt dress. It's beautifully easy to make up and only took me a couple of hours. The fact that it only has four pattern pieces helps, of course!

Butterick 4993 blouse, circle skirt


I used those buttons again! I love them; perfect for vintage styles. I think I need to buy more of these!



Outfit details:

Skirt:  Self-drafted circle skirt, black stretch cotton.

Blouse:  Butterick 4993, gingham floral cotton

Petticoat:  Border embroidered cream polycotton

Belt: New Look

Three me-mades on day one. Let's see how long I can keep that up haha!




2 comments:

  1. I love that shirt! It really looks good on you! And, oh, yes, I've seen that fabric around, but that doesn't mean it isn't great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty blouse! The flowers really suit you.

    ReplyDelete