Saturday, 22 October 2011

Dress in an afternoon...

...but not for me!

This is a quick dress I made up for the little one in between working on my list. It's from Butterick 6968, one of my flea market finds bought for 50p last month.

Butterick 6968 (left)

I made view C, the dress with short puff sleeves. The envelope has an advert for Butterick's "new" book, 'Ready, Set, Sew!', which dates this pattern to 1973. It's great when you can figure out exactly when your pattern is from I always think.

As always, little miss refused to stand still and take decent shots, so these are the best you're getting!

Sneaky face

The fabric is a lightweight cotton needlecord in black with a  multicoloured flower pattern. The upper front has five inverted tucks. They were disappearing into the print of the fabric, so I added red topstitching to lift the lines a little. I also added patch pockets to the front skirt (they are more visible in reality).

Detail of fabric and tucks

This is what I usually get when I try and take photos:
 Camera five!


  1. She looks so cute in her new dress.

  2. Thanks :) Such a shame she promptly got it all muddy playing in puddles!