I drafted the pattern a couple of days ago using Casey's tutorial from last summer, using a modern McCall's shirt pattern as my base: a very quick and simple job. The fabric is a cotton print I pulled from the stash- I'd forgotten it was even there! This one was a remnant bought a good four or five years ago that's languished ever since.
I did have to make a couple of fitting alterations to it. As always with sleeveless blouses on me, it was gaping at the sides above the bust, so I added an extra bust dart sloping upwards towards the armpit. I also added darts the the back neckline, though lowering the edge may have worked just as well.
|Back neck darts|
It closes at the side with a lapped zipper. I'm getting good at these!
The upper edges and hem are finished with purchased bias binding in cream. On the upper edge, I finished the top edges of front and back first, then bound the underarm edges, leaving a 12" tail of binding at each end to form the tie-straps.
I briefly considered going back and taking the front darts in a little, but I'll likely never do it. I'll always wear it tucked in anyway so I think it will be fine as it is. I love these one afternoon projects- instant sewing gratification.